Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Sometimes you Just Have to Make the Word Up.

The title has no clever attachment to what I am going to write below. IT was simply sparked by a desperate attempt (on my part) to find an adjective to describe a certain event that occured today. Sometimes, it's not a limited vocabulary on the speaker's part, but instead; a lack of case specific words within the english vocabulary. Porobably, more accuratly, it's my lack of an extensive vocabulary. I blame my grade school teachers for this. OK really I blame myself for not having the foresight in regards to the need for multiple words for the same thing. Well the same, and yet ever so slightly different thing. RANDOM FACT SPARKED BY THIS THOUGHT: Every language strives to extend ones options in regards to speach, except for one: NEWSPEAK. This vocabulary was formed with the intention to simplify, and shrink the language. Know who created it? (you get a prize if you do) George Orwell (in 1984). You learn a new thing every day. This can be your new thing; unless (of course) you won the prize mentioned above.

Assignment of the day:
List five important things in your 1984. These are things that had a major impact on you during the year 1984. They can be personal, political, cultural, animal or whatever. Each important event should be summarized in one sentence.

1. I was introduced to the toy which would essentially monopolize my toy selection for years to come: My Little Pony.
2. I lost my "only child" status.
3. My first real attempt to formally learn to read was discouraged by my preschool teacher, sparking a revolt in regards to reading for years to come.

I'm going to try to do a thought prevoking activity every day in an attempt to keep my mind active. Here's to the hopes that it actually works, and that I actually follow thru.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home