Wednesday, April 05, 2006

na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey...

The official Blue Jay's Report for April 4th, 20006.
Aka. The HOME OPENER

Ok sports fans, so it's that time of year again. Yes, it's Blue Jay season. I have always went to Jays games, and even more important, I have always enjoyed Jays games. I love my Jays, like a crazy marriage obsessed girlfriend that wont go away does. I check the scores, I go to games, I buy their gear and wear it proudly... In short I'm a little bit of a Jays nut. Truth be told, for all of this interest in the Jay's I cannot hold up a competent and in depth conversation with a guy about the sport or team. I simply cant focus on the minor details that all boys love to regurgitate. I just like to watch and follow the games. I get excited when they win, and supportive when they lose. I defend them from angry Leafs fans, and I share in the excitment with other authentic Jays fans. This year there are may new fans (who can also be refered to as bandwagon jumpers). Yes I hated the fact that people who had previously shot down the jays and cut them to shreds, all of a sudden sent me messages now professing their love. In fact I went as far as cutting these new found fans to shreds (in my own head at least). After being at yesterdays home opener, however, changed this perspective. Sure it stinks that these fans have no loyalty to the team, and could potentially jump ship with the first Jays loss, but in all honnesty, its nice to have fans. The stadium was packed, the fans did the wave, and yelled random statements out to the players (some funny, some clevor, and some no so impressive at all) jerseys were purchased, and popcorn and beer were consumed. IT was great to have the full baseball experience back, even if the cost is a few too many bandwagon fans. If these fans start to leave, when they realize that even a winning and well possitioned Jays team will still have trouble beating out NY and Boston to make the play offs... all I have to say (chant) to them is this..

Na na na na... Na na na na.... Hey Hey Hey.. GOOD BYE!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home