Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Crash into me, summer girl, and catch my dissease because the sunrise and strawberry wine feels like home....

I guess I'm in a writing mood today. Poor imaginary readers! One of my very dear friends published a blog with lyrics from songs that reminded her of someting. While reading her blog, I found myself scrolling down the page thinking "dammit, she better have the charlie brown song that we danced to last summer" and hoping that that moment stuck out in her life, as much as it did in mine. Sure dancing at the cottage to a song that conjured up images of Charlie Brown dancing to a play piano, and feeling the need to replicate his dance moves, is not a life altering moment, but its a great moment for me. I hoped, that it was a great moment for her as well, because I definlty do not want to hog all the great moments in life.. Great moments are, afterall better when shared with someone else! Needless to say, she too enjoyed that moment, because at the bottom of her post were the lyrics I so strongly wished to see. Songs, like smells have always brought forth memories at lightning speed(good and bad). I am also a fan of soundtracks and the positioning of music in telivision and movies, as I feel they emphasize the greatest of moments if used properly. Everyone has a soundtrack to their life, and moments or people to whom music will always be tied. FOr me there are quite a few music moments, that the radio is capable at bringing forth at random times, on random trips... Here are a few:

Chantel Kriviatsic's (cant spell her name) "Feels Like Home" will always remind me of sitting in my dad's office in his big black leather chair, in the early hours of the morning (6am). Snow is everwhere, and everything is white, but I am warm and happy That is the feeling I get with that. I remember being on ICQ and speaking, or looking to speak with "A" in a completely innocent way those days, all I wanted to hear was a "hi". Sheelah and Suha are asleep in the other room (Suha just had her first sleep over) Kelly was supposed to come, but was sick.

Deanna Carter's "Strawberry Wine" Reminds me of Sarah from 1st year university at Western. School was over, and everything seemed to be ending, and there was a prolonged sence of fun, that we clung to.. We went out with strawberry wine for a last night in town.

The Norah Jones "Sunrise" song will always remind me of A1. It reminds me of the peak of our time together, a moment where I was unconditionally happy, and nothing seemed able to ruin that.

Beck "Summer Girl" aka Charlie Brown song, cottage trips, drunken nights, dancing like cartoons, and freedom..

Ben Lee "Catch my Dissease" Leaving a random, and last viable message on A2's phone.

U2 will always remind me of the Blue Jays....

Crash Into Me by Dave Matthews reminds me of the crossing of lines (without actually crossing any lines at all). I did nothing, and yet in that moment, it felt like I was no longer the same. I then sat in a ball, in a fort I had created the night before, with blankets all around me, and just slept to this song playing on a cd player on the shelf.



There are many more songs I'm sure but that's all I got for the moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home