Tuesday, March 14, 2006

the colour tope in a black and white world...

I went to see Failure to Launch. I had great expectations. A movie with Carrie, and Matthew Mchoweveryouspellhisname, and Terry Bradshaw is surely going to be nothing but the best most funny creation ever. Thoughts of the movie ending, and me sitting back in my oh so comfortable movie seat, while feeling that warm, secure and content feeling, envaded my mind before I even set footin the theater. I wanted, what I always want from a movie, to feel a connection with the characers. I also wanted to be reassured (by some manipulated and cinnamatically engineered story) that everything will be ok in the future.. After all there is always a happy ending, or at least an ending that fits the story. People don't always have to end up happy or toghether for the ending to seem right. It just has to fit. It is that fit, that is the reassurance that movies like this usually offer. Instead however, I just found t he movie predicatable, and not so funny.. The small funny moments, seemed super funny simply because not much was funny to begin with. It would kind of be like if you borught tope or beige into a world with no colour. Sure tope isnt the greatest or most colourful colour next to, say hot pink. Next to black and white it would, however, seem like the greatest colour creation ever! Thats what the humor was like in the movie.. Tope in a world of black and white.

On a side note, my sister and I got the kiddie combo. The most non-economical choice you could make.. I mean why get two large popcorns (that are both refillable by the way) and two medium cokes, when you can get two super small popcorns, a kool-aid drink in a thimble and a kinder egg surprise?? Obviously the kiddie combo is the greatest choice ever, if only for the collector pail and cup that come with them... That for the record my mom is going to scold me for bringing home, and most likely throw out.. It was, I have to admit, fun to buy the kids combo, that I used to always bug my parents for. Yes I was actually happy to get the pail. If this pail should happen to find its way to the garbage, I will most likely attempt to rescue it (and wash it). So Im left with the big decision next time I attend the movies.. Do I begin a collection of rediculously priced plastic pails or do I do the economically smart move and opt for boaring yet refillable popcorn and pop? I say I do whats fun... I never used to buy anything at the movies... SO I guess tecnically both options are economically worse than my prior self's choice...

I have a couple days off ahead of me (yay! new schedule!!) and in that time I will allow a huge friend from my past (at least one step) back into my life, I will get my picutre taken for my new volunteer possiotion and in doing so hand away 8 hours more of my free time. I will see a current friend and do something that is new to us and old to me, and I will go to the gym... Things are in motion, and all I had to do to get them to do that was sit still..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home